View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

Momjenny HB User
Palmar erythema and normal blood work

Let me start off....I am a 39 year old female (married mother of two amazing boys!). I unfortunately have a past history of drinking....i would drink every night...never to the point of enebriation but every night nonetheless for the past nine years. Fairly heavy social drinker on weekend before that. I started to feel strange sensations in the area of my liver off and on for a few years. I stupidly ignored it until recently. I made the decision to give up drinking....it has been seven days since my last beer. It has not been easy. I saw my GP lady week and told him about the pain/sensation I was experiencing in the liver area. Also, most alarming to me, I now realize I have palmar erythema. He basically dismissed me and said I was fine since myiver function tests from 8 months ago were normal. Two days later I was having what I assume to be was a panic attack and ended up in the ER. They took blood and ran liver function tests. All were normal. I am still terrified because of the red palms though....they seem to have heat coming from them too! Hard to get my head off of this when I can constantly feel the palms of my hands! I have no idea how long they have been like this...never thought to check my palms before I stopped drinking. Well, now I am in a panic and I have convinced myself I have cirrhosis. Has anyone else ever had this experience? Any help would be so greatly appreciated!