View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
(male)

GregBear4you HB User
Re: Getting approval from doctor for disability

I am really glad I spoke with my Dr. (Immunologist) about the issues I have had at work. He approved and signed the STD paperwork and FMLA forms. Thankfully I am on STD; the last day of FML/job protection will be March 22.
In the meantime, I have been taking much needed rest and going to my doctors regularly and my Immunologist with Kaiser is running extensive tests and lab work on my condition. I really hope they approve the gammaglobulin tx. The last insurance company would not because my levels were not low enough, however, my IgG subclasses 1 and 3 are very low.
Since I have been out of work, my infections never completely go away, even with antibiotics, my shortness of breath and tightness in my lower lungs is not improving either; had to call an ambulance last week because I felt like I was suffocating! I still feel like I have a constant low grade fever and this along with the bronchitis/asthma makes me very fatigued and tired.
Can anyone relate? I am not working and my house is still a frazzled mess. I just don't see to have the energy to do housework, don't want to leave the house because the cold weather aggitates my condition with breathing, and I avoid taking a shower and then going outside because the temp change will make me sick. Anyone relate to this? feeling "cold" all the time and sensitive to temp changes?

Thank you all for your support; appreciate it.