View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
Haydena,
You always make me feel good when I read your posts. You give me hope when I'm down. It's so hard to wait for the healing. Thank you!

Janet
Thanks you Janet for your kind words.

No need to feel down; honest. I have been where you & Adklady are & I do understand what you are going through. You need to be kind to yourself Janet & to your hand & wrist, to allow them to heal in their own time. Some of us
take longer to heal than others & there is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

I read your post where you write that due to packing your hand & wrist are hurting. I advise you to buy a soft splint & wear it when you use your hand for the packing you need to do.(You can buy the soft splint from any good drug store) For typing & for anything else you may have to do with your hand. The soft splint will give your hand & wrist the support they need. Just dont wear it all the time & never sleep with it on.

I dont know if you read one of my posts to Adklady suggesting her to order a homeopathic cream online called Arnica. It helps the swelling go down, it helps the bruising fade, it helps with the pain aswell. I used it 3-4 times a day & I swear by it. All you do is rub it on your thumb & well into your wrist.

Also I suggest you continue, no matter how utterly boring it is, with your hand exercises at least 3 times a day.

Have a wonderful 2 months break down south & enjoy the sunshine. Please continue to let us know how you are doing as we are always interested to hear from you.

Hugs & continue your healing with ''patience''

Haydena.