View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - at least, my story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet20 View Post
Hi Haydena,
Yes, I do need my left hand done but not until my right hand is completely healed. This is not an easy surgery as you well know. I think just relying so much on others has been difficult as well. It was difficult to not have use of my hand through the holiday as well. My husband has been a huge help but I love being able to do more and more as you know. I'll take your advice and be patient!!

How long ago was your surgery?

Janet
Hi Janet,

My surgery was 8 months & 3 weeks ago (May 2nd) By the end of July I travelled abroad wearing a soft splint. I was completely pain free after 2 months. I guess I was lucky in that I healed rather quickly when I compare myself to others here on this thread.

I know someday I will have to have my right hand done; I only have slight pain when I stretch my fingers & thumb, but I have full use of the hand & thumb. As of yet there is no loss of cartilage (reason for the operation on my left hand)

Just keep telling yourself that you will recover fully & will have the full use of your hand.

Hang in there Janet.

Hugs,
Haydena.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haydena For This Useful Post:
Janet20 (01-23-2012)