View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: sinus infection for 2 years

I used to have several sinus/nasal infections each year for many years. I think that my infections occurred within my nasal passages/turbinates and not within my sinus cavities, but I am not sure.

My frequent sinus infections were caused by damage or injury to my sinus/nasal membranes, IMHO. After I was able to completely heal those sinus/nasal wounds, my sinus infection went away and I haven't had another sinus infection for over ten years.

Infections can cause damage wherever they are located, whether in the sinuses, or the nasal passages, or the skin, or the organs, etc. Antibiotics may kill an active infection but, as long as there is damage within the sinus or nasal membranes, (perhaps caused by a previous infection) opportunistic bacteria can, once again, move into the damaged membranes after the antibiotic has been stopped, and cause another infection.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 01-28-2012 at 03:28 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
jas678 (01-26-2012)