View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
(female)

questiongirl22 HB User
Re: Post Nissen Fundoplication Issues

Hello,
I have my consultation for my Nissen Fundoplication on the 31st. The surgery is right around the corner and is now actually starting to become real to me. I am worried that after surgery I am going to become depressed. I have a past of depression and I know that not being able to eat solids for a while and being tired bc of the lack of food, and not having energy to do anything is going to eventually cause me to fall back into a depression. I don't know how to prevent it, but it honestly does make me nervous. AND...enfection, and the trapped air also makes me nervous. I guess I would just like to have someone to talk to about it....to help me understand it more, and try to prepare somehow for the changes in my life that are about to begin. Thank you. =) I am in nursing school and I have a B+ GPA and clinicals are just around the corner and I can't wait to finish, I just dont want the recovery from mental and physical strains to prevent me longer then need be. I fought through brain surgery in 09' and was on life support 3 times, transported to Boston, visited multiple states and different doctors and still beat my way through school to get this far, so I SHOULD be fine. BUT I know that it is a huge comittment. Any suggestions?