View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
(female)

PolishK HB User
Irregular Circadian Cycle? Help!

Hi everyone. I have a sleeping disorder, though I'm not sure what it should be classified as. I have been suffering from ongoing sleep problems for the past 4 years and it's now becoming a huge burden on my daily life. Here's what it's like:

Most nights, I can't get to sleep for at least a few hours after lying in bed. I've tried the herbal teas, lavender fragrance and lotions, reading before bed, eliminating any loud noise or bright lights (TV, computer, etc). I don't have a TV in my bedroom: this room is used purely for sleep and sex. I've even tried the Philips blue light remedy. Nothing seems to work to help me fall asleep.

When I have to get up in the morning for work, it's hard to get out of bed. I usually haven't had an adequate amount of sleep, but after a few hours of being awake, I feel fine. I'll be tired, but still have energy to get through my daily tasks. When night falls, though, I still can't get to sleep even if I am exhausted.

When I DON'T have to get up and go to work, I sleep 10-12 hours! This isn't including the hours it took me to fall asleep. 10-12 hours of pure sleep. When I wake up, I feel horrifically groggy as if someone has drugged me. I am lethargic throughout the day and can't seem to get anything done. I've tried setting alarms to make sure I'm still waking up at a decent hour, but somewhere in the midst of my sleep, I must be turning them off as they sound.

I don't know what to do. I just want a normal sleeping pattern so I can enjoy a fuller, healthier, and more productive lifestyle.

I've tried cutting out caffeine altogether and that hasn't seemed to help. I am a healthy eater and I exercise. I drink plenty of water. This situation is truly bothersome and I find it embarrassing to admit to having this problem because I think many people will just assume I'm "lazy".

Here's a list of medications I'm on:
Effexor 37.5mg - for anxiety, taken at night
Yaz - for troublesome skin, taken at night
Omeprazole (Prilosec) 20mg - for acid reflux, taken in the morning.

Other than that, I regularly take:
Calcium & Magnesium
Vitamin D3
Super B Complex
Multi-vitamin
Ginseng
Fish Oil

Any help and/or suggestions are truly appreciated!! Thank you!