View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

Chellchell HB User
Newbie with Questions

Hi! I am new to these boards and kind of new to Sjogren's. I say "kind of" because my doctors keep flipping back and forth on whether I have Sjogren's or not. I haven't been able to do the lip biopsy because of money issues (just lost my job) and my Rheumy is wavering between Sero Negative Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogren's and for right now has stated I have Inflammatory Arthritis along with Fibromyalgia. I have known of the Fibro for 11 years, no dispute on that. I am on this board today trying to find out more info regarding Sjogren's because I truly believe I have it. I have the dry mouth and dry eyes so much so that I can't wear contacts anymore and my eye doctor believes I have Sjogren's.

My question today is can it cause joint pain along with dry patches of skin? I've always had sensitive dry skin but I have these patches now on my left thumb and some of my right fingers that are very dry and itchy and cracking. My one Primary Doc said it was excema (sp?) but I have noticed that it gets worse when my joint pain flares also.

Also, when my mouth gets very dry I noticed that I have a swelling under my chin. Is this the salivary glands swelling? It's not in the same place as my tonsils but before it. I will ask my Rheumy when I see her next in March. She is very hard to get into and I can't get an appointment before then.

It's great to have these boards to go to so I can see if my symptoms are like other people with Sjogren's. So many questions and I seem to forget them sometimes when I go to the doctor so it helps that I have someplace to go to ask between visits. Thanks for reading all of this!