View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

rmrojo02 HB User
Unhappy Am I Crazy? Why I am so mean to my kids?

I am so mean to my kids all day and when they go to sleep I feel bad about it and want to wake them up to make up for it. I know I am an awful mother, but I am doing the best I can. I have severe mood swings and get aggravated easily. When I do this sometimes it's in front of my husband. He doesn't get involved or say anything to me. He told me once that I'll be sorry for doing what I'm doing. PLEASE I WOULD LIKE SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY Has anyone been through this or do you know anyone who's like this? I get so angry and take it out on my kids. Sometimes I just treat my kids coldly for no reason. Like I'm angry and sad for NO APPARENT reason. These negative emotions come and go throughout the day and its taking a toll on my relationship with my kids, especially my 7 year old. He even calls me stupid mom sometimes. I love my children to death and would give up my life for them but when something doesn't go my way, I just lose it. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am too embarrassed to talk about this with anyone else...even my husband who I love I just don't think anyone will understand that I don't like doing it...I just can't help it. After I lose it and go off on them for what I later realize to be "normal" kid stuff, (well some of it seems to be normal, and some other things really are a little worse than that), I then think to myself "Geez if someone did this to me, I'd be devastated. What the hell is wrong with me??" Please help. I do not want to continue this cycle of abuse. I love my kids too much but sometimes I feel as though I have no control over my actions. I cry myself to sleep every night and say to myself that tomorrow will be a better day. Then it's just the same old thing again. I'm tired of it and I know my family is too. Do I need meds? A therapist? Why do I act like this? It's like anger rages through my body and I cannot control it. I don't hit my kids. It is usually screaming and sometimes putting them down with strong words. I know, it's horrible and I feel bad. I know I need help but I don't know where to begin.

Thank you in advance.