View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: ANA 1:160 speckled and ESR 25...I am confused :(

Ditto what Jenny said. Symptoms are very important in AI dieorders and blood work is oftimes negative. That being said, many Dr's do not consider a 1:160 indicative of AI disease or positive, for that sake of the matter, in the absence of symptoms. If you ARE having symptoms, do keep a journal as Jenny says. I have scleroderma, for example, and there is no specific labs for that at all, although they can indicate a great many things with symptoms. The SED rate can also be high in the absence of AI disease. If you were fighting off something like a cold, even if you had no symptoms of the cold, could raise it. If you feel comfortable with your new Dr. (and I do believe it is very important to have a good relationship with your Dr.)and he is treating you for the symptoms you do have, ya kind of gotta have faith that he knows what he is talking about. Doesn't always happen that way, but good communication between patient and Dr goes a long way in ruling things in or out.