View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

Dancediva1124 HB User
Red face Complex ovarian cyst at 20years confused and scared!!!

I am 20 years old and I just stopped taking my birth control of 5 years because I didn't like being on artificial hormones. Now that I have topped taking the birth control pill microgestin I have had no period and it has been about 2 months I also started experiencing extreme abdominal pain on my right side and sharp cramps. I went to my obgyn and the nurse practitioner ordered for me to have a pelvic ultrasound. The results were a 3cm? Complex ovarian cyst in my right ovary and they said I would probably need a follow up. No doctor has spoken to me yet and it is now the weekend.. I am so confused because I never got a clear answer on if this is something dangerous or not. I am scared because I don't want to become infertile from this cyst. I do not have any children and I would like to have some in the next couple of years. I don't know if the cyst is causing me not to get a period or if my body is just confused from being on the pill for so long. I am scared and confused about what this is and if I need to worry or not. Please give me some advice as I am very nervous. Thank you