View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
Re: Please Evaluate my Labs... opinions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypochondriacyy View Post
Bill are red plans and spiders early symptoms? I though they came on in advanced disease? If they truly are early then its a good thing. But I thought I read that they presented latter. Can a simple fatty liver or fibrosis with no Cirrhosis cause red palms?
Early, late. or in-between... When you see 'em, it's best not to ignore 'em (in my book at least). When you are younger, you tend to think "oh well, if I get in trouble I'll just go to the doc and he'll have something for me".

As you get older and see the "end of the road" looming in the not so distant future, and realize there really is nothing medicine can do to fix your liver once it's toast, these little signs mean a lot.

I'm not a doctor, and I don't really know what these signs actually mean. All I know is, when I saw them, I changed my behavior real quick.

My ultrasound showed a "mildly echogenic" liver, which could mean fat or fibrosis. There was no sizing of the spleen, liver or portal vein. I don't know if this means they were nominal, or if this just wasn't done.

Labs were normal, but once these show obvious signs of trouble one is often past the point of returning to optimal health.

I'm on the straight and narrow now, and learning all I can about how to keep this old body chuggin' along for another decade or two. The more I've learned about cirrhosis, the more convinced I am that this is something I never want to risk.

Last edited by BillinSD; 02-09-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo