View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: recovering from stroke on 01/19/12 my birthday

Hello and Welcome
I am so sorry to hear about the strokes and heart attach. Are you undergoing any tests to find out why?
The tiredness seems to be a common thread with everyone here. I still have a nap in the afternoon and my stroke was jun 2010. I really think you need to take time for your recovery. I dont know if your vision will improve but I do know you will get better. You will improve how much know one knows but it is gradual and takes time. The doctors like to tell you if its not improved in three to four months its not going to improve. That is just not true. I am still improving and so much of my progress happened gradual over the months. Im glad I did not listen to them. My periferal vision was effected by the stroke and although they said it wouldnt get better, it has.
You are not very far into your recovery and I think you need to take time for that. When we have a stroke our poor brains take a hit and swell. It takes time for the swelling to go down and rest seems to be a healing factor. Dont feel bad about the amount of sleep your requiring its normal after a stroke. Its good for your recovery. Dont rush back to work if you can. Take time to heal. Let us know how your making out.
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
Positive Cynic (02-10-2012)