View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
(male)

Xhale12 HB UserXhale12 HB User
LPR- Nearly Cured! READ THIS

Hey guys. I have had LPR for almost two years now. In that time it has made my life a living hell. I thought I would share my story of how I am now nearly cured, and soon to be TOTALLY cured.

First off.... I started my first LPR treatment 2 years ago with PPI's. I took Prilosec twice a day. It did nothing for me. A few months down the road, I felt it was a bit more effective, but I was still miserable. As a side note, I am only 20 years old.

I then went to a very famous LPR doc in NYC (most of you should know who Im talking about). She told me I have nerve damage AND reflux. I was prescribed a hefty dose of Gabapentin and Elavil. This did help for a bit, but it never relieved my symptoms to the point where I felt "good". I quit both meds when my dosage was finally up so high, I felt like a walking zombie.

I have also been on 10 or so different diets in the last year. To no avail. I was never overweight, and am in very good shape, so losing weight was not an option for me. The diets I followed were more to limit acidic food intake.

It was not until a few months ago that I realized one of the main causes of my symptoms. Anxiety/stress. My LPR was ALWAYS worst during times when I was anxious and or stressed out. I noticed this when I went on a week vacation, and barely had any symptoms. As soon as I came back home, my symptoms came back. I am sure many of you on here have noticed this as well. Instead of trying to treat the LPR, I decided they should try treating the anxiety....

I have been taking .5mg's of Xanax every night as well as carafate tablets throughout the day. 2 weeks later, I am nearly symptom FREE. I can't believe it. What I have is bile reflux. It is different than typical acid reflux. I am certain many of you have this form of reflux as well. Xanax and carafate help get it under control, and do it VERY quickly. The xanax also makes me sleep like a baby. I am not the only one who has found success with the regimen. After alot of conversations with my awesome doc, it appears MANY have been cured of LPR by doing this.You CAN be free of this disease! Had you told me my symptoms would be 90% better a month ago, I would have called you crazy. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-25-2012 at 05:13 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xhale12 For This Useful Post:
Augustusine (02-12-2012), bbroke (10-14-2012), hrvioux (02-12-2012), kstoev (10-26-2012), nordic1 (10-08-2012)