View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
(female)

DailyHope HB UserDailyHope HB UserDailyHope HB User
Re: LIS (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy) Recovery

Hi Tweetums

I will definitely post more later when I'm feeling less discomfort but I wanted to get back to you. Our recoveries sound very similar. I am now looking at a possible UTI/yeast infection. I have an array of symptoms and it is knocking me down. I woke up nauseous this morning with abdominal discomfort, had a bowel movement, and I am now lying here hoping to get through without hours of burning!! There was a slight burn but this is getting ridiculous. This has seriously been the worst discomfort of my life these past four months!

My husband has been with me every step of the way. Bless his heart. I am so thankful for him. It cannot be easy on him when he hears me scream out in pain. On a lighter, more comical note, while in the bathtub yesterday, the shower came on randomly and shot water at me while I was laying there in pain. My husband and I could not help but laugh which in turn caused more pain to my rectum. My husband is still trying to master putting my hair into a ponytail because at times of pain, I can't even do that! By pain, I mean the burning (sometimes stinging) sensation I get along the right side of my rectal area.

I see the colo-rectal surgeon today! Wish me luck! I also have an appointment to find out why I have goupy yellow/orange/rusty colored discharge that smells like rot coming from what I believe to be my urinary tract! Just yuck!

I'll post more later but I hope you are doing better than me today. I feel so sick and just want to be done with all of this. I need my life back!!!!!

Best wishes and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

The Following User Says Thank You to DailyHope For This Useful Post:
Tweetums (03-12-2012)