View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
(female)

Tweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB User
Re: LIS (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy) Recovery

Hi, DH -

OMGosh, it sounds like you're suffering every bit as much as I have. I'm so, so sorry you're having all that pain, yuck, discomfort, and general post-op awfulness. I know exactly what you're going through, because I'm having much of the same thing over here.

I hope your doctor visit went well - both appointments.

I had a wretched, viciously-awful night last night. My acid reflux was at a raging high, and I ended up in the spare bedroom again, watching "Oklahoma" until 3 a.m. - and then a bit of "I Love Lucy" after that. All I could do was lie down, while the acid wrecked havoc on me. I got up again at 6 a.m., and I couldn't eat breakfast . . . well, let's see, I wasn't able to swallow it until later in the morning. --- Since last night, I've been taking Pepto Bismol, which is about the only thing that kinda helps when I have these attacks.

I did manage to eat half a sandwich for lunch - and also a Fiber One brownie . . . but now I'm lying down, resting my still-sore bottom, and I've having that weird lower pelvic, in-the-bones-type of soreness . . . oh, I don't know. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get my life back, at least somewhat normal.

Throughout this whole AF "adventure" (I re-tore the AF last Oct., then had my surgery on 1/30 of this year, and now I have the post-op yuck to deal with), I've had some type of pain to deal with, nearly non-stop. It does tend to wear a person down, emotionally.

I'm at the point where I really don't know what symptoms mean what, and which symptoms are which, etc., because it's all turning into a pain-soup down below. If it's not one thing, it's another. --- I don't think I'll be able to distinguish what is what, until/unless my bottom area heals completely. For example, though I've not had strong UTI symptoms for the past few days, I do feel twinging and some aching in that area, along with the bone discomfort that could be from sitting and lying down for so long now.

Plus, I have to fight my imagination and panic attacks about all of this. I've wondered about my vital body parts down below, thinking that maybe there's something else going on - something horrible that would cause these symptoms. This morning, while gagging up my vitamins and being unable to swallow them, I became scared about what could be wrong with me, beyond the acid reflux.

This has been the darnest experience. Before my AF re-tore (last Oct.), I was jogging, taking care of my family, and feeling really good about life. --- From a personal standpoint (this is my strictly my viewpoint, and I'm not trying to push it on anyone), this experience has made my prayer-life stronger, as well as serving to remind me not to take a single second for granted. I've also changed my diet for the better (I've probably lost 20-25 pounds), and I've re-realized that (assuming my health is good), I have nothing to complain about. So, I have gotten some good out of this -- but that said, it's also been a horrible experience.

My hope and prayer for both of us (and fellow AF sufferers) is that we can get our lives back and go on, without all of the miserable pain.

BTW, DH, I'd love to use some of the little figures and icons you're using - but I haven't figured it out . . . Would you please help me? Thanks, in advance. I'd love to personalize my posts to you, like you're doing.