View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
(female)

Tweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB User
Re: LIS (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy) Recovery

Good Morning, DH I'm on the west coast of the US, so it's still a.m. here.

Thanks for the icon help, btw

Okay, well, it seems that you made it through your appointments (not without pain, though) and got some answers about how you're doing. The antibiotics should clear your rectal infection right up -- and that infection might account for some of the discomfort you've had down below.

I slept last night - in my own bed - but it was merely the sheer exhaustion of several sleepless nights that enabled me to get any rest. I woke up about 6 a.m., made a quick bathroom trip, then headed back to bed and was able to sleep a bit more. I've been on Xanax (at night) for several weeks, because it's been the only thing that knocks me out and lets me have any rest. Last night I didn't need any - but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll be able to sleep tonight. One thing I've learned about this is that a little progress doesn't mean total progress without digression.

It's nice that you're in a hotel, able to not have to worry about keeping things going at home. And, it sounds like you have a very supportive husband. My husband is supportive, too, and I'm grateful for that.

Okay, so this morning, I awoke feeling like I couldn't turn my head without becoming dizzy. Honestly, it's just one more thing to add to the mix. My symptoms are now extending beyond just what's going on down below . . . or maybe, they're somehow a result of it . . . I just don't know. This just seems a lot more complicated than it should be. I have an online friend who had an LIS about a month ago (no fissurectomy, though), and she sailed right through her procedure and was back at work two weeks later, symptom free. For me, it's been a lot rougher than that, and I don't know if that's because I also had the fissurectomy or that my sensitive system just reacts to everything very strongly.

It sounds like you've had some other struggles and challenges to deal with, along with the AF and surgery/recovery from it. That's a lot on your plate to cope with - and IMO, it's essential that you have your faith to get your through this time in your life. My prayers and faith help sustain me, too, but sometimes I struggle to force fear out of my mind. I tend to panic, and then I'll imagine all sorts of horrible things. --- I'm trying to read the Bible every day (I miss a day, now and then), but it's going slowly - I'm still only in Exodus. I do have strong prayer people in my life - my mother and aunt are among them. They really help me, especially my aunt, who suffers terribly from diabetes and goes through more than any person should ever have to endure. Still, she stays strong - and I admire her, so much.

So, you mentioned taking Miralax and Colace during the day . . . I'm thinking that you will, indeed, be having more than one bm per day, while taking that amount. I cut out the Miralax, completely, over a week ago. I just hope that the Colace (generic form I'm taking now) continues to do its job and keeps me regular, without any problems. Last night my husband brought me dinner from the market deli, and I'm worried today that it might have been a bit heavy for my system . . . I guess we shall see. I've been so worried about keeping things smooth and easy, that I've really watched my diet very carefully - and last night I ate meatloaf and cheesy vegetables, which both seemed a bit heavy to be eating, just yet. Well, I'll just get back on the Miralax again, if need be, although I really don't like taking it. There's something about having the Miralax in my system that is upsetting to me. It just kind of throws me off, seems like, in that my bowels really react to it. --- But, that's typical for me, because my system is so very sensitive.

Next week I'll see my crs again, for another post-op visit. I hope he will cut off the stitches that remain in my surgical area. They seem to be irritating the area, and I've been tempted to snip them off, myself, but I'm too afraid to mess with anything down there. Plus, I'm still swollen, and maybe the stitches need to remain there for awhile. --- Are you experiencing swelling, still? My swelling looks a bit like a flesh-colored hemorrhoid, and I sure hope everything goes down in time and that I'll have a normal-looking anal area. I'm also still having pain, discomfort, and itching down below - and I hope that clears up, as well.

I had thought about sending you a pm here, but I haven't seen an area which allows pms . . . let me know if you have that figured out. --- Otherwise, I hope you have a restful day. It's good to share our experiences, because there's nothing like talking with someone who has gone through OR is currently going through this type of situation. I know that the people around me are trying hard to be sympathetic, but only fellow AF sufferers and post-surgery recoverers understand this journey. We all need good and understanding support people, IMO.

I'll pray for your health and speedy recovery. For myself, I pray for strength and faith in God's plan, that I'll be stronger and can fully put my trust in God's will. --- I hope we both have a better day today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tweetums For This Useful Post:
DailyHope (03-12-2012)