View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Hi BooBoo. I thought I responded last night. Must still be a bit under the influence of my meds. Typing is a bit difficult still.

My procedure went well. I went in for my appointment at 7:15 and was out about of the center on my way home about noon. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up and found I was in a short cast instead of a long one.

I had a bunch of issues with nausea for the first day, but I have nausea issues with anesthesia on a whole.

I went home with prescriptions for percocet, a muscle relaxer, anti-nausea meds (which I need because of the percocet) and a stool softener. I stayed on the max dose of percocet for the first 4-5 days, and have tapered off on them. Today, I mixed in tylenol as well. Combined with constant icing, I've done well coping. The worst part of things was the constipation. I usually don't have problems, but the meds made things bad and the prescription didn't work. I called my GI doc and he just had me double up on dosages of Miralax which eventually did their job.

I'm happy to say that my splint is now a bit big around the hand because the swelling has significantly decreased. I'm looking forward to getting my other cast next Tuesday.

I did end up with an ugly bruise where they put my IV in on my left hand and a huge bruise on my upper right arm where they put the tournequette during surgery.

Overall, the experience has gone well so far (with the exception of one accidental bump ). (Did I say ice was my friend? I loved my kitchen Ninja because it crushed the ice to snowcone fine which molded great in the ice pack.)

I'm looking forward to comparing notes.

Good luck with your procedure.

Last edited by MountainReader; 02-16-2012 at 08:52 PM.