View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: vitamin D deficiency. does that explain my symptoms?

I had posted on the Fibromyalgia board and decided maybe some of you would like to read my experience with Vitamin D deficiency.......

I take the Carlson brand of Vitamin D3 2,000 IU twice daily. I found it at Whole Foods in Texas. My research indicated that Carlson brand was a good one and doctor recommended it. I also take Citrical calcium and Magnesium 250 mg. two times daily, both help Vitamin D to absorb.

After 30+ years of Fibromyalgia, found out my Vitamin D level was 26 and after a few months it raised up to 30 by taking Vitamin D3.

The normal level of Vitamin D is 50-100 for optimum health. Some doctors are happy with 30 and others think it should be in the 50-70 range.

After being on Vitamin D3 for a year I do not ache and hurt as much as in the past, feel better in general. I now wonder whether the Fibro diagnosis was correct or not and all along it was a vitamin D deficiency.

According to my research the body has a Vitamin D storage and after getting low it is difficult to raise the level up to optimum due to body using vitamin D daily.

Too much Vitamin D3 can cause problems and not enough Vitamin D3 will not raise the level. Taking Vitamin D3 must be monitored by a physician, not a do it yourself thing.

This may be something others may want to have checked, your level might be low and need Vitamin D3 supplement in order to feel better and reduce or remove the aches/pains.