Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

MikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB UserMikeLite HB User
What to do?

Short story, had a 11mm herniated disc L5-S1, discectomy and laminectomy done november 2010, had another MRI done august 2011 showing 3.5mm hernaition...So assuming did not fix the problem...With the herniation left the left lower leg partially numb, from foot to knee...Have no dorsal flexion...Nerve damage seams to be permanent, but is not main concern...Have done at least 100 pt sessions, Still experience low back pain...Had 2 transforamal injections done in november 2011 and a medial branch block, results showing pain not coming from facet joint...Drs want proceed today to do more injections to see if they will help, but did not receive any relief from previous 2...Mentioned doing a fusion of the one level and getting a discogram, but drs seem to want to approach with more injections to see if they will help..I hurt my back by lifting a heavy object in a squat position and twisted at the same time ...It is a work comp claim, and insurance company not giving any problems with authorizing everything thus so far...Tired of taking medication for low back pain Kadian 60mg a day, 30mg oxycodone a day, lunesta for sleep(was taking ambien), was taking lyrica for nerve pain now taking cimbalta which is very similar...Nerve meds making me have bad memory loss...Want to get input from others with experience on what you would recommend to do next....Thanks for all your help...Want to get back to everyday life and do things I love to do...unfortunately it is still painfull in the low back, can sit , stand, move, and for no reason will act up and cause pain. After the MRI done in august of 2011 it still shows a herniation of 3.5 mm...

Last edited by MikeLite; 02-27-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: adding info