View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Bacterial vaginosis - unsure of what to do next

I think it's unacceptable that your gyn is at a loss. Time to find a different gynocologist as far as I'm concerned.

Your PCP is most likely not all that familiar with treating such a gynocological issue, and they would probably just give you more antibiotics which isn't in your best interest unless there is a serious infection.

I agree that if, after seeing another gyn to rule out more serious concerns, you still have symptoms then going alternative medicines might really help you.

The vagina is a slightly acidic area and your body normally creates a hostile environment that fights off infections there. Recently taking the antibiotics also kills off good bacteria and it takes your body some time to recover from that.

It would be good for you to eat a yogurt every day, and a glass of cranberry juice every day can also help your bladder/vagina/colon fight off infections.

If you have an alternative health store near you, usually their staff are very knowledgeable and can recommend supplements/foods to help your body get better.

Make sure you're eating a lot of fruits and vegetables to give your body the nutrients to get back to full health and fight off any residual infections.