View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Another question about rash?

Chillip, in addition to two lupus-specific rashes (a lot of SCLE annular & a tiny bit of discoid), I've had numerous OTHER skin problems that weren't lupus-related. I bet many of us with autoimmunes have extremely touchy skin---we seem born to it!

One question might be, do you see any correlation to sun? If not, then maybe it IS just dry skin that can occur in winter---or maybe from soap, or from meds. (Speaking of which, do you take Plaquenil? It can cause skin eruptions in rare cases.)

But if your rash recurs AND you're starting a new flare at the same time, then that could be a sign your rash is autoimmune-related.

I'm in the anti-Ro subgroup of lupus, the same autoantibody seen in Sjogren's. I was told that the two "SCLE" lupus rashes correlate heavily with anti-Ro: SCLE annular form, and SCLE psoriasiform. If your rash keeps recurring, those are two you could ask about...

Hope this helps some. Are you feeling better? Best wishes, Vee

The Following User Says Thank You to VeeJ For This Useful Post:
chillip1123 (02-21-2012)