View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
(female)

Tweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB User
Re: LIS (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy) Recovery

Hi, DH -

Just checking in. Yesterday I had my second post-op appt. with my crs. It went fairly well - but I did tell him about the burning/itching. He said that if it continued for another week or so, I should call his office and get a prescription to ease the discomfort. --- Today I had a bit of discharge after my bm . . . I'm trying not to worry about it, but maybe I should watch my diet a little more carefully.

My crs wants me to ease off the stool softeners and intake more fiber. I mentioned to him that my stools would then be bulky, and he said that's how they should be - bulky, yet soft. (TMI, I'm sorry!) I don't know - I guess that's what I'll have to do - but I'm hesitant to wean myself off the stool softeners, just yet, especially if I'm still having a little discharge down below. My crs seems to think that I can't hurt the area down there -- but I'm still trying to be careful.

Anyhow, I hope you're doing well and feeling better. You're in my thoughts and prayers - and I wish us, both, healthy and pain-free days ahead.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tweetums For This Useful Post:
DailyHope (03-12-2012)