View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

Susanna0174 HB User
Re: Creating the healthiest diet for lazy people...

You have great ideas here and I give you a lot of credit for making the effort into getting healthy. It's not easy. I know I've struggled. I would just make sure that you are getting enough protein and iron. It's very hard for the body to absorb iron from just eating veggies and beans. I would suggest eating red meat at least once a week. That is one area of struggle for vegans and vegetarians. One thing that I do is simple. Stock your freezer with boneless chicken breast, fish if you like it, and vegetables. I get a bag of frozen chicken from Trader Joe's and I love it. It doesn't need to be thawed and only takes 15-20 minutes to cook and you can also get frozen veggies in the bag and steam them in the microwave. These are all very simple things to do. I stay away from marinades and just stick with virgin olive oil, balsamic, lemon and garlic. YOu can't go wrong. Those are just some ideas. I did the salads a lot too, but did it for lunch and before eating dinner. Breakfast is usually a protein fruit smoothie. I have thought about going vegetarian again, but I have such a hard time absorbing iron that I don't think I will do it. Just stick to good carbs (veggies), protein, fresh fruits, water, and oils (healthy). Also, I used to cook extra chicken for the next day so I wouldn't have to cook if I wasn't able to or up to it and would prepare veggies on sunday. I know you want it easy, but you may find that healthy eating may inspire you to do more with your meals and life itself. Good luck!