View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
(male)

mws952002 HB User
Hypogammaglobulinemia

I had some blood work by my neurologist because I have periphial neuropathy. He was concerned because of reduced feeling in feet, and to a lesser case finger, as well as dry eye/mouth problem & diagnosis of gastoparesis last year, that something was working on the nerves.

The results came back & were ok except the MONOGAM SERUM INITIAL, BL. It noted: Hypogammaglobulinemia is present. Immunofixation shows no evidence of a monoclonal protein.

I don't now what the immunofixation means. My IGG & IGM was below normal. My allergist/immunologist said it could be from an infection. She wants to test again in a month with some sort of Titer test. I am not sure what that is. Meanwhile, my neurologist said we don't know the cause of the neuropathy which occurs in about 30% of cases. I had an ANA test about 6 years ago, but it was ok.

Is is there no correlation between my neuropathy & blood test? Is it possible to have a low antibody test one time & normal the next? Not sure what to make out of all this.