View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Catheters, Oxy, and Dementia...oh my!

I can understand that the family is upset. But at this point, a lawsuit is wasting time.
You should complain to the doctor about this. The way they told your Dad only without informing you guys. He knows your Dad has AD... For us, the doctors always make sure my husband know about it. Now even in the NH, the doctor still asks my husband for permission for some medications.
You need to have a document in the office to ensure they inform you before they start doing anything on your Dad. He is incompetent now but he may seem normal.
You also need more money to hire caregivers and move and etc., a lawsuit can only waste the money.
If the siblings really care that much, they should make sure your Dad is well taken care of. Your dad cannot live alone anymore. It is also not the neighbor's job and the neighbor should have asked the doctor about the med. If your Dad has cramps, it will be unbearable for him due to his dementia. My FIL had cramp once and he was hurting so bad that my husband got upset. The office just told him to take tylenol. We went back to the office for his cramp and nothing was wrong but my FIL was confused by the whole thing.
Frankly, if I had known it is such ordeal, we may have reconsidered the treatment.

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 02-28-2012 at 04:12 PM.