View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Catheters, Oxy, and Dementia...oh my!

Even if your Dad likes the doctor, it does not mean the doctor is doing right. My FIL liked his former doctor while he had no idea what was going on. Just because he was smiling to him and talking nice? Our home care nurse hated that doctor.
Your Dad is incompetent and it does not matter he likes the doctor or not. He would not even know if they screw it up.

Now dad needs a month to recover, you may need to focus on his care now to make sure he does not get UTI. Also, don't trust him on the phone. He may tell you he is OK but after he hangs up the phone, he may go play with the catheter attempting to pull it out.
My FIL hated the catheter a lot and he was crying and asking my husband to do something and take it out. (Well the treatment was the solution but it didn't stop the catheter yet...)
It really hurts to put on the catheter and so you need to make sure he does not have to put it back on again.

Praying for him and the family,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 02-29-2012 at 07:52 AM.