View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

jagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB Userjagsmu HB User
Re: Catheters, Oxy, and Dementia...oh my!

Is it possible for your sibblings to each take some time and visit dad.I mean right now. perhaps if each comes for a week visit, one after another they will get the idea and your dad will have someone with him for the next little while, this may get them all onboard with you when they spend the time with dad. For now I do beleive dad needs someone with him.. can uncle come and stay for a day or two until the cathater is out... sibblings who do not want to or simple find it easier to let you do the ground work do like to be vocal but as deb says, it is easier just to say you will make sure dad will be looked after or that it will get done and so on than to argue with them, it is a waste of your energy and time, If you are going to be the primary cargiver for dad set the tone now or you will be doing this second guessing from the sibblings for a long time. this is about your dad not your sibblings...I more than once had to tell that exact sentement to my sibblings. that this was about mom and what she needed, not them...

sending you strength
hugs judy.