View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
(female)

Keysey HB UserKeysey HB UserKeysey HB User
Re: Catheters, Oxy, and Dementia...oh my!

Deb, that must have been so frightening! Thankfully, they went back and were able to find out what had happened to your dad. It's a wonder you didn't have a heart attack.
Judy, I just left a note on my dad's care page with your suggestion. I think it's brilliant! The excuses they will give are already rolling around in my head but that's okay. If they surprise me and say "okay, I'll go this week" and so on, great. If not, I will put my plans in place to go get him and bring him here.
His catheter overflowed last night. Good news is he slept for 7 hours straight. Very rare for him. But he had a mess to clean up. I will be so glad when they get that out tomorrow.
Dad said he had 4 eggs, 6 pieces of bacon, and 2 pieces of toast for breakfast today so he can get "fatter". He makes me smile. He was losing a lot of weight there for a while and has been able to regain the weight. He says his food doesn't taste good (this happens every once in a while). I'm wondering if maybe it's one of the new meds he got the other day. One is cipro and the other is avodart.
It took me 20 minutes today to get him to understand I wanted him to give my phone number to his doctor. I doubt he will remember but maybe he'll surprise me. I've left a message for the doctor to call me and the nurse did as well. This doctor diagnosed him and I want to make sure he gets a full view of Dad. I figure Dad usually waltzes in, seems great, answers the questions to the doctor's satisfaction, and back home he goes.
I am doing a lot better about not getting really worked up over my siblings. It does still bother me for a day or so but I'm realizing that no matter what they say or think, I have things as under control as I can.
Nina, we are in the process of getting someone in there with Dad until I move him. It will be a hard battle to fight but I'll just tell him either they come in or I come get him now rather than later. We shall see.