Thread: Any Good Books?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
(female)

Knot HB User
Re: Any Good Books?

Mel 52& Agenda,
Thanks for the info. I went on line and had a look at the book. It looks as though it has a lot of info, and may be really good reference material. I did order it through our local book store as I live in Canada and don't want to bother with shipping etc. I will contact the Foundation though and see what they can send me. It is really great to see what other people have to say about this syndrome/disease. I live in a smaller community and no one has ever heard of this other than my optometrist and a few other people that would have reason to hear of it.

Do you have any "tips" that would help someone who is just learning to cope with this? Do you ever have problems with insomnia? Sometimes it is my biggest problem. When you add it to consuming fatigue its crippling. I think right now my biggest worry is the next school year. I am half time this year but due to staffing issues I will be full time next year and I am very afraid that I won't be able to handle it. I work in special ed, so it is a very rewarding but busy job and I love it. I have heard of people who have to give up their jobs and last May I was so sick that I was on sick leave for 5 weeks. I couldn't even get out of bed and was too tired to even read a book! How do you find the right balance?Fortunately I have good support at work . I have a good Rheumy and I also see a Holistic practitioner and I do feel that I am on the right path, but any advise is welcome. Thanks so much.....Knot