Thread: Newbie Intro
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
(female)

Dayuhan HB User
Newbie Intro

Hi everyone, I'm the new kid here! I am a 32 year old female- just discharged today from the hospitalafter experiencing two slight strokes. The first was a week ago (Feb. 23) and the second episode was Feb. 28. In both episodes I lost my ability to speak clearly although I could understand what others said to me. The first time it was very short-lived and because I didn't know what it was I just ignored it and improved rather quickly.

When it occurred for the second time I went to the ER right away. I was also experiencing numbness on the right side of the face and weakness of my arms. It lasted about an hour.

My neuro admitted me into the hosp for 3 1/2 days and performed many tests including EEG, ECG, EKG, MRI w/ contrast, and lots and lots of blood tests. The affected area can be seen as a small white blob in my left brain near the language area. No cause was found in all the testing.

I think I have recovered my abilities quite well but am tired and a little scared. I am a mother to four small children and this was so unexpected.

I guess I am not really asking anything, just searching for others who understand what happened to me. I hope this place will be a good spot for me to learn. Thanks!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Dayuhan
Mulchie (03-31-2012), Positive Cynic (03-02-2012)