Thread: Newbie Intro
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: Newbie Intro

Hi Dayuhan,
And welcome to the stroke survivor forum. You are so young to have that happen. But it happens to lots of people that are ones you would never expect. Just like you. So first I want to ask you to not worry if you can. I know it is hard, but have friends here that understand how you feel.

Your post is very interesting to me because you are the first one that mirrors my stroke. Strokes are all so different, but yours was just like mine. Because your stroke happened on your left brain mine did to. So you said they say a white blob, Mine was a black blob. So the point that you are writing already is a very good since. Basically our left brain is cognitive and our right are phyisical. for some reason most people have a stroke on the right brain. So it is obvious to you friends to see if you can't walk or something, you had a stroke. But a stroke only on the left brain left us with no thoughts. So when you are walking fine, people don't understand that you did have a stroke. I have had friends "get over it" and it is most hurtful words I have heard, but I can't even respond, because when I get upset I can't even speak. But know understands and they can't. So I don't even go out much. But i am not telling you to do that. What I am saying is that your are young and it seems like your stroke was not too bad and you can recovery. Don't listen to negativity. Believe in yourself and I know you will get better. A stroke recovery is a long process, but you learn a lot along the way. Patience, compassion, understanding and lots of love.

God Bless you my friend,
Tim