Thread: Denied again.
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Denied again.

jgrangran is right. If doctors would be more willing to help you, it would make the whole process easier and faster. On one hand, you don't wanna push your doctor and staff too hard for fear of alienation, but you have to push (gently) in order to get your doctor to help you. Doctors are generally very busy and are already over burdened with paperwork and now here comes my patient with even more paperwork. It is a delicate balancing act sometimes. I was honest with my doctor. I told him point blank I can't work anymore, I am having to file for SSDI, I really need your help but I added I know you are busy and I don't wanna overwhelm you with paperwork and SSA redtape. I think you have to just say this sometimes and tell your doctor that you will pay him/her for the extra time it takes them to do some of the disability stuff on your behalf.