View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
(female)

Wendy222 HB User
Re: Endometrial Cells on Pap, freaking out!

My mother just had an endometrial biopsy done 2 weeks ago. She too, was terrified of the test due to what she read on the internet. I sat next to her and held her hand through the entire thing and trust me when I say this... it was no big deal. She also had cryosurgery when she had my brother years ago so they had difficulty getting in there, but she said she felt nothing. She said it was "like a little more pressure than a pap test." Just make sure the doctor you go to is using the thin plastic tube to perform the test. She also took 2 Motrin tablets before taking the test as well. Maybe that helped.

Sadly my mother's biopsy came back positive for cancer... we are in the throws of taking the next steps at this point. For you, if you are worried you may have it too... just be aware of the signs. Bleeding that is not due to your period, cramping and watery discharge. You are not at the age that they consider "high risk" either. I would just follow your doctors advice and go in for the repap in a few months. And don't be afraid of the unknown. Like I have been saying to my mother this whole time... only react to the facts. And right now... the facts are that you are fine!

Prayers and strength to you...