View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User
Re: I need help desperately, please !!!!

Mine i a lot similar ,my mom noticed when I was a teen , hard sleeping and sitting in class, not until I was in my early 40's was I given a sleep study and that's when they diagnosed it and I was prescribed requip 2 mg at night ,helped but made me dopey ,hated the way it made me feel, then I was prescribed cymbalta since I also had pain from spinal stenosis, my insurance will not pay for cymbalta, so now I take citrolopram which surprisingly helps,but I still have night when I only sleep a few hours because of the myclonic jerks which can affect any part of the body, I also practice yoga and meditation ,I feel your frustration I am approaching 60 and still trying to cope , its hard to explain to my family and friends ,they look at me like I have two heads, I didn't know there were triggers ,I thought it was just some mixed signals from the brain ,I have an upcoming surgery ,I will surely ask my neuro and pay attention to anything unusual, glad to get this info