View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User
Grieving over lost tooth

Several days ago I lost a tooth, and if I had it to do over again I would have attempted a root canal. If it ended up not working I would have then lost the tooth. Now there's nothing i can do. I am told I cannot get an implant because he has never seen such bone loss. Now I have to get a bridge & he made it now sound like there could be problems with that because of the bone loss. I am just horrified and again would go back to my swollen gum where I still had my tooth & just went for the root canal. He said it would be iffy but I should have gone with iffy. Does anyone have experience with a bridge? It doesn't sound like they last that long either. I have one implant I've had for 12 yrs. but I had enough bone in that area. The implant I believe in most cases is the best way to go, but I can understand they have to have something to hook it to. He never even suggested adding bone, it sounds like it is just too far gone from a very deep filling. Any info would be appreciated. There's nothing like the real thing, I don't want to lose any more teeth, this is bad enough. At least you can't see it, but I can't let this go and cause teeth shifting. People actually compliment me on my teeth, if they only really knew what shape they are really in. My front teeth look good plus I whiten them.