View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Exhausted from allergies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezinseason View Post
... I guess I'm wondering if there are other people out there who feel the same way or still experience strong symptoms even though they're taking immunotherapy and are on medications to help control their allergies?
I have struggled with allergies and asthma most of my 70 years. I have had Subcutaneous Immunotherapy (SCIT) allergy shots and have given myself Sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) allergy treatments and have tried acupuncture allergy treatments. It's been a long and difficult dance, but for the most part, my allergies and asthma are very much under control and do not give me much of a problem anymore.

I also take Flovent for my Asthma and Fluticasone Nasal Spray for my sinuses, and I have found both medications to be very effective.

However...... In order to be as free as possible from Asthma or Allergy problems, I have also had to avoid a bunch of foods and drinks, and a bunch of common, ordinary household products. In my case I found Allergies to be a recombinational disease. The more "bad" consumer products and "bad" consumables that I can avoid, the less the problems that I have with seasonal allergies or increased outdoor pollen/allergen counts.

Quote:
Some days I feel like I'm going crazy because of the way I feel.

Thanks y'all.
I know how you feel. Allergies can be both debilitating and disabling. To me, the best way to co-exist with allergies is a good balance between a medical approach and an "avoidance" approach.

Best of luck with your allergies. I hope that you can find permanent relief!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
sneezinseason (03-16-2012)