View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
(male)

BCDiver HB User
Comminuted calcaneal fracture intra-articular? What Now?

Hoping I might find some answers or support here.

I fell from a loading dock March 9/2012, went immediately to the to the E.R. At the time the Dr. thought it was just a sprain, but sent me for CT on March 13/2012. finding that I have a comminuted calcaneal fracture, intra-articular. They gave me a disk with my CT and sent me to my family doctor who I saw within the hour. She referred me to the St.Pauls Foot and Ankle Clinic in Vancouver. Saying I need to be seen by the end of this week, but never heard from anyone and have called several times to follow up.

I have no clue what to do next. I don't even know if the splint I am in is still appropriate it's a half cast held on with tensor bandage.

All the info I get is from the internet, Long recovery time, possible surgery, arthritis, It's all pretty intimidating, should I be demanding better medical service or is waiting fine?

I guess the hard part is I am very active I love Scuba, cycling, walking hiking and running, I'm always on my feet. I don't want to lose these...

Sorry not trying to have a pity party, I'm positive, Honest but it's hard not knowing the reality of my injury.

Hoping to find some answers...

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by BCDiver; 03-17-2012 at 12:37 AM.