View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: RF Ablation for SI Joint Disorder

Have you looked into prolotherapy if you find it is SI joint hypermobility? it occurs to me I don't really know what types of symptoms you are having, so it might not be appropriate for your situation.

I know we all get sick of the constant rounds of going to the doctor, trying a new med or procedure, waiting to see if it helps, going back to the doctor, etc. and we all hope to find a permanent situation where we will be without pain. But always keep in mind that some people end up in more pain after surgery. Sometimes surgery is a success but it turns out what was "fixed" wasn't the only pain generator, etc. Sometimes surgery seems like the lesser of two evils, but, often it doesn't have the desired outcome.

I know you will do your homework and won't jump into anything. I just mention these things for anyone who might be reading!