View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Post Nissen Fundoplication Issues

Major pain over two weeks out is a bit unusual. Was it open surgery (one big incision) or laparoscopic surgery (a bunch of little incisions)?

My NF was laparoscopic and took place just before Christmas. The incisions on the skin only hurt for about a week. The internal pain at the actual LES took quite a bit longer to fully resolve. I stayed on a strict liquid diet for two weeks, then purees for another two weeks, then "soft" for another two weeks, and following the diet helps a lot. Nothing acidic, very few fruits, and nothing too hot, also.

Walking was great. I wasn't running marathons the week after surgery, but I did get up and walking about a bit just a few hours afterwards, and I walked a couple times a day the whole time I was home recovering. The surgery "shocks" the entire digestion, and walking helps get it back to normal.

Now, if you think what you are feeling is unusual, or the pain at this stage is more than you can bear, call your surgeon and let him know.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
female biker (03-20-2012)