View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
severity777 HB Userseverity777 HB User
Re: pttd pre op tomorrow

Originally Posted by severity777 View Post
He says debridement and suture repair of tendon. Sounds like it will not be enough. Afraid tendon will fail again. My ankle is deformed.
I just found out that surgery is scheduled for 4/11. My 9 yr old has the next wk off for vaca so that is good. He can be very helpful but dont want to put too much responsibility on him. I couldnt stand not knowing if it was torn, couldnt stand not knowing when the surgery will take place. Now that those questions are answered, i have only more. How long will i be in the hospital? Is he doing enough to cure me? Realistically, when will i return to work? When will i drive? It is my right foot. Will i walk 5 miles ever again? Run, dance, hike, tennis, bike? I was very active and this injury does make everything come to a halt. My son misses our jogs through the neighborhood. I miss it. We used to take karate in a family class, all of us, and that was probably my undoing but will i ever feel strong again? My dr prescribed zoloft and if anybody knew how positive and well adjusted i am normally, they would find this ridiculous. ( my husband does ) but i am suffering from deprssion now as the world seems to be passing me by and my children grow bored of me sitting on the couch. I have such anxiety about the surgery, getting worse before i get better, if ill get better. The burden ill be to everyone. What will happen with work? I am self employed. What if im out for months? Will this destroy my career?