View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Re: pttd pre op tomorrow

I had surgery in November for tendon (peroneal) debridement and tendon repair for a tear. It was done outpatient. I was NWB for 10 days then in a boot. I was home for a total of 7 weeks. When I returned to work I had to wear an ASO. Unfortunately, I work in the medical field and am required to be able to move quickly and in addition, on my feet most of the shift. I had lots of pain which I assumed to be normal but it turns out it was abnormal. When I went to see the surgeon in February, he told me it was abnormal and said I could only do sedentary work for 4 weeks. Ordered an MRI which did not really show anything new. When I returned to him in March, hoping to be released back to work, he would not let me due to residual pain. He gave me a shot of Cortisone/lidocaine in the joint and put me on Mobic for the inflammation. Hopefully I will be returning to work in April. He did say my case was very unusual. He said that normally by 8 weeks post-op there should be no pain and things should be great.

With your tendon being the ptt, do you have flat feet?