Thread: Waving :)
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Waving :)

My FIL can no longer get up or sit down without lots of help. He cannot tell how far he was away from his chair. In fact, he now uses wheelchair most of the time. No talking or mutual conversation anymore. He still can talk as he wishes about the spoon he likes and etc.
I know what you mean by slipping. I know my FIL is slipping. Yet the nurses in the NH talk like they are comforting us: "He is a man of few words."; "he is sleeping" and it is aging; "he can still eat with the spoon by himself!"
The part about sleeping is not true. My FIL sleeps very well but he now sleeps right after lunch. He closes his eyes to shun the world around him. He does not understand the world around him anymore. We guess that he still knows my husband. He only talks on the phone!

Deb, I know the slipping is slow and much patience is needed! Enjoy your festival!

Hugs,
Nina