View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
(male)

prunner HB User
Re: vitamin D deficiency. does that explain my symptoms?

I have been fighting my issues for a while now. About 2 1/2 years ago I was running half and full marathons. The last half marathon that I ran I just felt like I did not have any strength. It seemed like it started after I started taking some supplements. I am no longer running or working out. I have gained thirty pounds.

I have been going to my family doctor and a rheumatologist. My family doctor could not find anything. The rheumatologist said that I have a vitamin D deficiency. I did not understand how since I was running outside in sunny florida 35 miles a week. I just found out this week that my iron and testosterone are low as well. The last doctor visit I went to the doctor the doctor said to see him in 3 months. I have felt all along that he is not interested in finding my problem.

I did some searching today and found out that if the iron is low then it is hard to get your vitamin D raised.

I am getting a test done to verify that there is no blood in my stools. Also I am going to have them check my thyroid and liver. I think I am going to buy some more vitamins to help the absorption of Vitamin D and I think I am going to sit out in the sun tomorrow.

I know it is rough for everyone here since I am going through some of the same issues.

I have the following symtoms:

fatigue
muscle weakness, hard to hold my phone to my ear for any length of time.
shortness of breath
depression/anxiety
irritibility
dental issues
muscle pains
muscle twitching
headaches
I tend to sleep all the time
lost sex drive
intestinal pain
my stools are mostly now soft to diarrhea