View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Adderall wearing off and feeling tired

Ah0762,

Please integrate all replies into a composite picture. IMO, every reply is correct. Each looks at piece of the puzzle. Putting them all together gives you a clearer view of the big picture.

One other factor that I like to add is ADHD comorbidities. One author stated that ADHD rarely travels alone. How often are other disorders implicated?

A study "concluded that pure ADHD is rare ... studies reporting on ADHD cases without comorbidity probably refer to highly atypical samples."

That sounds like 100% to me. Anxiety, depression, bi-polar among others often show up in adults with ADHD. Children more often have oppositional defiant disorder and developmental coordination disorder along with ADHD.

Other disorders along with ADHD complicate the dickens out of medication management. The newest ADHD Guidelines strongly recommend that doctors look closely for other disorders and include them into overall medication management.

Make sure you got a good, very good doctor, one that is up to date with the latest research findings and the new ADHD guidelines.

That is it from me. Over and out. Bob