View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
(female)

jackietran HB User
Re: Lump on right side of neck. Currently taking antibiotics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshark View Post
Hi and welcome to the boards!
Sorry to hear of the issues you are having.
As to your questions: Lymph nodes can remain swollen/enlarged for a long time after an infection/cold/illness/etc.; however, as you guessed it is one of those things that varies from person to person. I believe normal "rule of thumb" is if a lymph node has been swollen/enlarged for 3-4 weeks for no known reason it should be checked by a doctor. If the lymph node is painful it is more likely an infection. Is the are of the lymph node warmer to the touch than normal or other areas?
Nope.. I don't feel any difference in temperature at all. Is that a reason for concern if I don't feel a difference in temperature? The area has turned slightly dark as if it is bruising. Perhaps it is from me, but I just touch throughout the day pretty lightly just to see if it's getting smaller and that the antibiotics is working. I also noticed two bruised areas right under my diaphragm last night. The bruised areas under my diaphragm actually hurt to the touch. I was laying in bed one day and felt that area "hurt" and asked my boyfriend if there was some kind of bruise, because I felt some pain to it. He said there was and I had checked it in the mirror myself. Could there be a correlation among all these symptoms?

I will be seeing my doctor for a follow-up on Tuesday (7 days into antibiotics).