View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

luffbecky HB User
how to get through those moments of weakness?

I've been taking 2 percocets (sometimes more but never more than 4) every day for about 3 years. I thought it would just be a matter of finding another pain reliever and slowly weaning off my "self medication". But now I find that I'm lying and stealing to keep myself stocked.

Last night my husband practically broke down because we maxed a credit card in only 2 weeks and he can't seem to figure out why. He's lousy with keeping track of money so taking it was easy. Now I feel like the most horrible wife in all of existance. How could I have done this to him?! For this long?! I lied right to his face, I made up stories! If I came clean he would be so unbelievable devastated.

So, I've made up my mind to try to beat this on my own. I talked to my best friend back home who made me feel a lot better about things. She thinks I can do it and offered herself to some extent. She has her own depression, kids, boyfriend, and problems to deal with. I suppose everyone does....

I looked up percocet addiction online and found a lot of bleak answers. Everything talks about rehab and needing good support system. If I've suffered in silence with the pain, I should be able to suffer through the silence with withdrawal, right?

Can someone tell me what sort of meditation or self talk I need to do to get myself through those moments of weakness? I hold the pill bottle in my hand, sometimes, i put it back, sometimes I put two pills in my pocket and carry it with me til the pain is bad enough. -thing that makes it bad is that I take two at a time, to kill the pain AND to give me that feeling of having tons of energy (something I battle with psychologically I guess). Usually after I take them I line up a bunch of chores to get done and then I do them fast, while dancing, and then I find myself doing extra chores like washing the baseboards. I hate cleaning, which is how these got so addicting in the first place. Does that give me anywhere to start physcologically?

Thanks for listening at the very least

The following user gives a hug of support to luffbecky:
Phoenix (03-27-2012)