Thread: Urethra opening
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
(male)

chillipulp HB User
Re: Urethra opening

I can't speak from experience on this, but here's some general advice.

Incidentally, do I surmise correctly that you're circumcised? What you describe sounds like some something which might have little impact if you were uncircumcised.

It could be that this might be helped surgically, but if I were you I'd be very, very careful about that decision.

It sounds from your description that this has been a constant, stable condition - not a worsening one - all your life, and that it's inconvenient and embarrassing but not necessarily painful or harmful to your health.

If that's the case, you might just decide to live with it. If you are contemplating any surgery, I would emphatically urge you to insist that your doctor informs you as thoroughly as possible about any risks that might be involved in treatment.

If your doctor recommends any surgery - and surgeons do tend to favor surgery - do not consent on the spot. Do not just take one doctor's word for it about the best course of action; remember, that is your decision, not his, and it's a decision that could affect the rest of your life.

Take some time to think about it. Given the name of the condition and any proposed procedure, you'll be in a better position to ask more specific questions and to research as thoroughly as you can.

Last edited by chillipulp; 03-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.