View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

april1985 HB Userapril1985 HB Userapril1985 HB Userapril1985 HB User
Unhappy Feeling Discouraged.

In December I was diagnosed with CRPS in my right leg following flat foot reconstructive surgery in Feb. I've been dealing with nerve pain, very tight muscles, muscle spasms, sensitivity to touch, and tremors from my hip all the way down to my toes. The past two weeks I've been having similiar symptoms in my left leg. I've developed pain, muscle tightness, and a slight tremor. I'm really afraid that it is spreading and I don't know what else to do.

I was suppose to get a nerve block back in late Feb. however I ended up in the hospital that week with heart problems (my resting pulse was upto 174) due to my pain management doctor taking me off of the Clonodine patch that I had been wearing only for pain. I never had high blood pressure or high pulse rate until my doctor discontinued the patch. I've now learned that rebound high blood pressure is a side effect when stopping the Clonodine patch. Now on top of everything else I'm on a beta blocker at the young age of 26. Because of ending up in the hospital, my nerve block was cancelled. Now the soonest I can get in is the last week in April. Ugh! I want some relief!!

I'm currently taking Neurotin 600mg 3x a day, Flexeril 10mg 3x a day, Ultram 50mg 4x a day, Voltaren 2x a day, and yesterday I was just put on Valium 5 mg at bedtime. I'm doing home physical therapy exercises every day and have been going to physical therapy for 2 to 3 times a week for the past year. I haven't missed a week yet and I'm freaking out as I feel like I've done everything I'm suppose to. Yet there is a good chance that its spreading!! I feel like I'm losing control of my body.

Any adivice on how to get through this? I'm only 26 and have my whole life ahead of me. Anyone else with similiar experiences?