View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
(male)

Searchingnow HB User
Sphincter of Oddi...How to find a doctor that cares?

I believe I have sphincter of oddi dysfunction or a narrowed bile duct. Last year I took a medication which caused inflammation in my intestine. Shortly after this I started having attacks of profound nausea and URQ pain along with dizziness and fatigue. They seemed like gallbladder attacks but also included a burning sensation under my left rib as well. During these attacks my glucose would always be high as well but other times it was totally normal. I feel sick constantly.

I've been to three doctors so far and had X-rays, an upper GI study, upper endoscopy, gallbladder ultrasound, abdominal ultrasound and HIDA scan. All are normal. The doctors have never done a scan or bloodwork during an attack and when I ask about it they just blow me off.

I was working with a new doctor I thought seemed pretty good but he just blew me off yesterday and told me that I probably have irritable bowel and there wasn't anything else he could do. I'd really like to have something like an MRCP or if needed an ERCP to find the problem. From looking at my tests my bile duct has shrunk over time which is really concerning to me as well.

Does anyone know a good doctor near the Pittsburgh, PA area?